Sunday, January 23, 2011

Surprise Pop Up/Spinner Combo

My work colleague, who is also a very good friend, has young daughter who was hospitalized for a week with pneumonia. It was very scary and I only wish I could have been there but she lives on the west coast and I'm on the east.  All I could do was call and check in and listen to her when she needed an ear.  Good news is her daughter is now home and on the road to recovery. 

I wanted to create a special get well card for Abby and because she's an avid figure skater I borrowed a Tilda stamp from a friend and scanned and resized it for the card. Tilda is a beautiful little girl that is just too cute to pass up at Magnolia Stamps. The card is a combination Surprise Pop-Up and Spinner cards.  Tutorials for both are on the "must see again and again" - SplitCoast stampers website. I also used a background/frame from my favorite artist - Dustin Pike. I think it works perfectly with little Tilda skating on a pond. I do hope she likes it!








4 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable love the way you have it set up as a slider an a pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love the glasses idea! She looks like a teacher:) No offence to anyone... I am one too:))
    Hugs, iulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cute that you added the glasses for Tilda. Very sweet card and thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope, your card is really adorable.

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete